Friday, March 16, 2007

I am traffic-free

Lights and timing of lights.
What is the purpose of traffic lights.
To direct the flow of traffic.
So there is no purpose in cars trying to defy the lights.
No purpose in speeding, changing lanes or making fast, irresponsible moves.
Because the light is gonna get you.

But why can't cars noodle through traffic the way they envision?
The way the commercials show?
Becuase they are large and obtrusive. Because they are fat.

The problem with America's #1 use of transportation is also the problem with modern American society. Cars, SUVs, trucks and vans are fat and inhibat free movement and agility.

And sometimes the drivers of large vehicles will try to muscle you off the road*. Are the drivers as obtrusive as their cars? Jealous that they don't have the mobility I do? The freedom?

I can see why they're jealous that we can run reds. But maybe if they didn't take up so much space, they could be stealth too.







*Metrobusses do it all the time yet yell at me if I grab on a light.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick Oodian said...

hey there .. many thnx f' drawing my attention to your new blog, I'll add a link to our site 'cause we believe in you .. keep posts coming thick-and-fast .. Nicky Xx

March 16, 2007 at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home