Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Luis Faife Quartet

I went last night to HR-57.

Its a great little jazz club @ 1610 14th St Nw.

Great little story about the congressional bill that recognizes jazz as "a rare and valuable national American treasure to which we should devote our attention, support and resources to make certain it is preserved, understood and promulgated."

The place is BYOB. First time I ever went anywhere that is BYOB. Pretty great because we end up spending less money even though they charge a $3 "corking fee". That seems to mean "If-you're-drinking fee."

Went to HR-57 to see a QMS driver's jazzy music. Driver 43, Luis, plays the saxophone in the Luis Faife Quartet. I was very impressed.

I definetly recommend seeing him perform.

Fun time was had by all.

1 Comments:

Blogger SciWonk said...

So glad to read this info; I hope to swing by there tonight!

February 2, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home